Sarah
The post is about something I never thought that I would be doing as often as I do now: playing computer games.
Back home, extra time means going outside and reading a book on the beach, or, if the weather is bad, flipping through the TV channels to find yet another Law and Order. I am somewhat ashamed to say, now when I am bored I usually find myself playing a game on the computer. Why? Many reasons…it’s easy, it’s fun and addictive. Not to mention the fact that I have no beach, and no TV channels that I can understand enough to be interested. I am only somewhat ashamed of my new addiction because the alternative would be to plan lessons, and that no matter how many computer games I play, the average Chinese boy plays way more.
So what games are Sarah’s favorites? On the website primarygames.com, I play Dune Buggy, Wild Wild Taxi, and Monkey Go Happy (I also use this website for lots of games with my students, great learning games on there!). Thanks to Google Chrome’s new App system, I’m hooked on Bowman2, Zombie Drop, Robot Unicorn Attack, and of course, Angry Birds. I have finally been taught how to play Pants vs. Zombies, and can see why it is one of the most popular games in China (that and Crossfire). I have dabbled in a few others that are good, just not favorites, such as Use Boxman.
I realize though, that the playing of all these games stem from one certain game, that I proud have gotten most of the staff addicted to- Mahjong Solitaire. In this game, you have to get matching tiles. Yea sounds easy, but it is a little more difficult than that. You cannot collect a tile if it has tiles on wither side of it, or on top of it. Now, this is not the true Chinese Mahjong, pretty much a Westerner made it up because they didn’t understand the real game (which is like a poker game). I am still hoping to learn the true Mahjong, but have yet to have the time or patience to do so. For now, I will just stick to killing zombies and flipping dune buggies to fill my free time.
0 Responses

Post a Comment